Saturday, July 25, 2009

Whitney's Comeback Is A Go!


An audience of 500 attended the listening party for Whitney Houston’s new album, I Look To You, inside the Allen Room located at time Warner Center in midtown Manhattan.

The star-studded event was orchestrated by Sony Entertainment Worldwide’s CEO, Clive Davis, to celebrate Whitney’s return to the music scene. Davis said, "We've been working for three years. You have to wait for great songs to show up. I understand this is an artificial setting. But this is what we've done."

Although Houston is glad to be back in the studio, she admits that she was hesitant at first.

''I just had a different plan at this time in my life…My daughter was 12, I think going on 13. I had moved out to L.A. and rented this little house up in the Laguna and got comfortable with being left alone, just being a mum whisking her daughter off to school and would pick her up from school…I liked that vibe. I liked that feeling because I never really had the opportunity. I was always traveling with her all the time. And then [Davis] called me one day and said, 'It's time.' And I said, 'Time for what?' And he says, 'Time for you to come back and sing for us again.' "

Whitney says that the support she received from Davis, her fans and more importantly her daughter, 17-year old Bobbi Kristina is what convinced her to record again.

"She was with me every step of the way" she said of Bobbi Kristina. " 'Mom, you can do this.' When I get discouraged and I get like, 'This is tiring, this is wearing me out, I'm just not at that point,' she'd just go, 'No, Mom, you can do this. Get up, get up.' She encourages me and inspires me. When I look at her and I look at her eyes and I see myself, I go, 'OK I can do this. I can do this.' "

Whitney’s album is scheduled to drop on September 1st.




Check Out the leaked single, I Didn't Know My Own Strength , from Whitney's comeback album.

No comments: