Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Daisy Fuentes Is A Sexy Latina


Sexy Latina, Daisy Fuentes, is in the August issue of Latina magazine. The 42-year-old spokes model and former MTV VJ dishes about being the founder of a multimillion-dollar fashion and beauty empire and how her love of retail got started. Fuentes also shares her thoughts on motherhood and if she’ll ever have a family.

Why She Doesn’t Mind Being Called a Hard-Ass on Occasion:

“Listen, it’s taken me 20 years to build a name that is recognizable and respected. I’m not just going to stamp it on something and hope that it does well. I’m going to take care of it. If my involvement is not welcome, then I don’t need to have anything to do with it.”


Recalling Her First Job in Retail:

“I felt like I ran that store [Mandee in New Jersey]. I loved helping people look better and telling them, ‘Try this for your figure,’ or ‘This is really hot right now and it’s going to be in all the magazines.’ Looking back that’s where my love for retail started.”


The Reason for Her Mass Appeal Early on in Her Career:

It was based on what the Havana-born, New Jersey-bred beauty calls her “frijoles negros meets apple pie” recipe and not so much a premeditated crossover strategy. “I always thought of it as, I have a whole other language I can do this in, a whole other culture I can bring to the table. It would make no sense for me to choose one over the other.”


On Her Desire to Start a Family:

“It’s just never been at the top of my list. I know that I probably have like two minutes to do it, and if it happens, great. If not, that’s okay.”

No comments: