Friday, July 31, 2009

January Jones Snags Interview


Mad Men star, January Jones, opens up in the August issue of Interview magazine. Here is what the gorgeous 31-year-old actress had to say:

On if she was named January because it’s when she was born: “It’s a coincidence. It’s from a book called Once is Not Enough by Jacqueline Susann. Bad book… People think that I changed my name. I could’ve been an actress, a superhero, or a stripper.”

On some things that women take for granted: “Things like getting to go to an Ivy League school, getting work as a high-powered businesswoman or as a studio executive. Anything you would think.”

On what success means to her: “Well, success for me is to feel happy—80 percent of the time. That’s been my goal in life. I think that comes from my father. He’s a very optimistic, happy person. I’m not quite sure if I’ll ever feel this, but I want to know how to be happy. I’m happy when I’m at work. I’m happy when I’m with my family or my dog. But, you know, there’s always that feeling of, I’m not satisfied. I have that thing in my stomach where I just need to keep striving for things. In my mind, I want the fairy tale.”

Sorry to disappoint you girl, but life isn’t a fairy tale. If that’s how you measure happiness then sadly you’ll never achieve it.

No comments: