Monday, March 17, 2008

Jim Carey: Self Help Guru


Jim Carrey is the latest celebrity to take on the role of author. Carey is set to pen a self-help book about battling depression.

He says, "I dealt with depression for a while by medicating with Prozac and although it was good for dealing with the problem there and then, I wasn't getting to the bottom of my anger and frustration…I think we have a real problem these days in that everything is treated with a drug. I think there's a whole new way of healing depression that doesn't require drugs, and I'm writing a book about it. Who better than a comedian to talk about depression right?"

It’s about time someone in tinsel town spoke the truth! Celebs often gobble down prescription drugs like candy. There are so many unscrupulous doctors that are more than willing to write a prescription to someone not even suffering from depression if the price is right. Hopefully Jim’s book will be helpful in preventing more celeb addiction and even death.

No comments: