Sunday, January 20, 2008

Natalie Portman...Shoe Designer




The fashion world is overloaded with wannabe designer celebrities trying to break into the industry, so I never get too excited when I hear that yet another fame whore is trying their hand at designing. When I heard that Natalie Portman is introducing a line of vegan footwear, I decided it was worth my attention.

According to today's imdb.com's movie news:

"Natalie Portman has collaborated with a U.S. fashion firm to launch a range of vegan footwear. The Natalie Portman Collection - made in partnership with specialty shoe retailer Te Casan and the actress' stylist Kate Young - will feature 20 pairs of limited edition, hand-crafted designs that are completely animal-friendly, with a price tag of $200 each.

The My Blueberry Nights star says,

"As a vegan, I don't wear leather, fur, or feathers. Shopping for clothes hasn't proved too difficult, but finding chic footwear has definitely been a challenge."...The line will debut in stores February 1 with 100 percent of proceeds benefiting The Nature Conservancy, an organization dedicated to protecting the environment."

No comments: